These 10 Side Hustles Could Skyrocket Your Income
We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
In this article you will find 10 Side Hustles that you can use today to start making some extra money. It is pretty amazing that you can make $30+ per hour with these side hustles and a lot of people don’t even realize it!
1. Start An Awesome Money Making Blog
When friends and family ask us how they can make more money, we always tell them to start a website or blog!
We earn a full-time living from our websites and only a few years ago we had no idea it was even possible!
We regularly earn $10,000+ a month from our blogs and this is steadily growing as time goes on.
This is our favorite of these 10 side hustles! The potential earnings from a blog are almost unlimited and can be semi-passive once your blog is established.
If you are considering starting a blog, check out how to create your very own blog with our tutorial that will have you up and running in 15 mins or less!
The cost of starting a blog can be as low a $2.95 per month, plus you will get a free domain if you purchase website hosting (required for a money making blog) through our tutorial.
People make money from blogs in a variety of different ways. Advertising, selling your own products, affiliate marketing (selling other peoples products for a commission) or sending vendors leads are all ways people make money from their blogs.
2. Take Paid Surveys To Make Money Online
Survey companies pay you for simply answering questions. Market research is multi-billion dollar industry, and completing paid surveys is a chance for you to get a piece of the pie.
We recommend checking out: Survey Junkie, Opinion City, and Vindale Research. These sites are the most popular with our readers. They are free to join and totally free to use. We highly recommend signing up for as many different paid survey sites as possible to maximize your earnings. We have written about paid survey sites extensively so check out the many other paid survey sites we have tried and reviewed.
3. Make Money Walking Dogs With The Rover App
Rover is a great app for anyone looking to make money as a dog walker! If you love dogs, the outdoors or just want to make $30 per hour then we highly recommend checking Rover out.
Rover is an app that is a little bit like the Uber of dog walking. Essentially, you just download the app and respond to local peoples requests for dog walking services.
It is extremely flexible, allowing you to work part-time, full-time or just take the odd gig to make a bit of extra money.
Dog walkers with Rover earn $15 for every 30 minute walk. $30 per hour for un-skilled labor and the ability to be your own boss is pretty amazing.
You get paid quickly (within 48 hours of finishing the walk).
This is such a cool opportunity, especially for bloggers or people who need to get some extra exercise and make some really great money from a side hustle.
Another great app to be a ‘walker’ for is WAGWALKING. They pay a little higher ($20 per 30 mins) than Rover.
4. Start Your Own Online Business
Starting a business from home has been made much easier thanks to the internet! Start-up costs are extremely low and risk can be reduced to almost nothing. If you do not have a business online, you really are missing out. Here are some ideas for work at home businesses that are low cost (free!) to start and that will start making you money quickly and easily.
- Start coaching people online.
- Become a Virtual Assistant. Sites like Upwork.com are great for finding work as a VA.
- Online Tutoring. Check out Tutor.com.
There are just so many opportunities out there. We recommend focusing on what you love or are passionate about so that you enjoy your work. We see so many people starting businesses, that end up with the founder just making a job for themselves that they don’t enjoy.
Here are a couple of tips that we have if you are starting an online business:
1. Try to find an ‘evergreen’ niche that will be around for a long time. This way, the work that you do now will still result in earnings 5 years from now. So we advise not to jump on the latest crazy trend because if it fizzles out after a year of work, you will lose out.
2. Try to start a business that you can remove yourself from. Eventually you will likely be tired of the business, so try to build it such that you can either outsource the work (eventually) or even sell it in a few years. You want to build a scalable income stream that will provide recurring income years from now with ZERO work from you.
5. Affiliate Marketing – Make $100k Per Month Online
Affiliate marketing is the process of selling other peoples products online. You get a special link from the product owner, promote it online and earn a juicy commission every time someone purchases that product through your affiliate link. Affiliate marketing is how me make the majority of our income online – so we cannot recommend it highly enough!
Affiliate marketing changed our lives forever and it can do the same for you!
The income potential from affiliate marketing is unlimited! If you want to learn more about affiliate marketing, check out this amazing affiliate marketing community that we are a part of.
We learned so much from the community of experts at Wealthy Affiliate and they offer completely FREE access to the site. Everything you will ever need to know about affiliate marketing can be found at Wealthy Affiliate, including bootcamps, world-class training, access to the millionaire founders, and even a free website!
6. Drive For Uber To Make More Money
Driving is an easy way to make some extra money. We love it because you can choose your own hours – work as much or as little as you want. Uber is the number one most well known companies to drive for. Uber is pretty easy to apply for. They do have some restrictions on the age and type of car that you use though, but apart from that you will likely be eligible to apply (assuming you have a clean) to drive for Uber.
Typical earnings vary greatly depending on where you live and how many hours you can work. $20 per hour is not unusual if you live in a decent sized city. Most Uber drivers just use it as a side hustle, driving less than 35 hours per week.
Learn more and sign up to start driving with Uber here.
7. Teach English Online
If you want to make some extra money from home, teaching English is an option that you might enjoy. Teaching English is a popular side hustle for people who are qualified to do it. There are so many sites out there and the different companies all have different qualification requirements.
If teaching people online to speak English is something that you would like to try, check out these reputable sites to see if you qualify.
- VIPKid – pays between between $14 and $18 dollars per hour.
- Berlitz – must be a native English speaker.
- Cambly – no degree required.
8. Notary Public Service
This is one of the easiest side hustles to start. To become Notary certified costs less than $100 and you can charge $25 – $50 per signed document that you oversee! Notary public service is in high demand and you can make your own schedule. A particularly lucrative area is overseeing mortgage signings.
Check out NationalNotary.org for more information.
9. Child Care
If you like children then consider making money with Child Care. We know a couple that make a full-time income by running a child care service from their own home. There are different rules and regulations, depending on where you live, so be sure to check out what is required to operate legally. There are a several sites that you can register with to start building a client (e.g. SitterCity ).
Swagbucks is one of the most popular and legitimate websites that can help you make some extra money online.
The Swagbucks site has been around for a long time and has proved to be a legitimate way for millions of people to make a little extra money. Here are just some of the ways that you can make money with Swagbucks.
- No Obligation Special Offers – As a member of Swagbucks you will be eligible for some special offers that they send to you. These offers might be for survey sites, cash back sites or special discounted offers. You are not obligated to participate in any of these offers but they can earn you some nice Swagbucks!
- Shopping to Earn Swagbucks – Simple! Just shop like you normally would and earn some nice Swagbucks for doing it!
- Get Swagbucks for your old cell phone – Yup, they will give you Swagbucks for old cell phones! We haven’t done this yet so we have no idea if you get a good deal or not!
- Complete Surveys for Cash – This is an easy way to make more money online. Swagbuck surveys are good but make sure to check out our top 5 highest paying surveys and add those to your income sources.
- Online Polls – Swagbucks offers daily polls that you can complete and earn Swagbucks. Much easier and faster than taking full surveys.
We hope that you have found something useful or new to try from these 10 side hustles. We love to try different things because you we just never know what will turn out to be fun and lucrative.
Russell and Maleah
Russell & Maleah
Latest posts by Russell & Maleah (see all)
- 6 Ways To Make Money By Testing Websites - February 12, 2018
- 13 Ways To Make An Extra $500 Today - February 10, 2018
- January 2018 Online Income Report – $4,552.88 - February 7, 2018
- These 10 Side Hustles Could Skyrocket Your Income - February 3, 2018
- 5 Amazing Blogging Courses To Try Right Now - January 30, 2018