Everyone wants to learn some lazy money making ideas! Passive income ideas for lazy people and businesses that make money while you sleep are very popular topics in today’s world. Here are some of the best passive income ideas for lazy people!
We usually write about all the ways to start online businesses to make extra money. Today, we want to change it up a bit and give you some of the best lazy money making ideas that we use! We are talking about passive income for lazy people, but we will still mention some online businesses that make money while you sleep!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links on this page are affiliate links. This means that we may earn a commission, at no cost to you, if you decide to make a purchase after clicking through the link. Please understand that we have experienced all of these companies, and we recommend them because they are helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions that we receive if you decide to buy something through our links. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them.
If you are not lazy and just want to start a profitable online business (Earn $100 per hour!):
2. Teach English online to Chinese kids. Earn $20 per hour and work from anywhere. Read more about teaching English here.
3. Proofreading is well paid ($100 per hour!). Read more about starting an online proofreading business here.
We have three sections in this article.
- Lazy Money Making Ideas – these will not make you a lot of money, but they are easy to do very quickly, cheaply and easily.
- Passive Income for Lazy People – these ideas have a much higher earning potential, but they require a little money or time to setup.
- Businesses that Make Money While You Sleep – the highest income potential!
Lazy Money Making Ideas
Our first lazy money making ideas are as simple as downloading an app just doing what you already do on a daily basis. These are passive income ideas for lazy people, that just want money to come in without really doing anything differently for it!
The majority of the MOST lazy money making ideas involve cash back apps like Rakuten. Rakuten is a cash back network of thousands of online stores where you can get money back on many purchases.
The idea is pretty straightforward, here is how it works:
- You sign up for Rakuten.
- When you need to make an online purchase, you first go to Rakuten and click through their site to the store you want to make a purchase from.
- There are thousands of major online stores to purchase from.
- Typically, you will get a few percent cash back when you make a purchase.
We purchase a lot of our everyday items through Rakuten, and earn several hundred dollars a month in cash back rewards from the site. So if you are looking for passive income ideas for lazy people – give Rakuten a try!
Swagbucks is another great cash back app like Rakuten. However, Swagbucks also offers other ways to make money:
- Complete paid surveys.
- Watch ads.
- Clicking ads in emails.
The online shopping cash back feature is the best part of Swagbucks if you are looking for lazy money making ideas. We wrote a review of Swagbucks that discusses the different ways to make extra money.
Qmee is an app that allows you to make some passive income online. The easiest way to make a little bit of extra money with Qmee is to install the browser extension. This brings up a panel in your browser as you are searching for products on Google. If you click on the suggested Qmee result, they will pay you a few cents for it.
Obviously, this is not a system that will make you rich. We wrote a full review of Qmee where we discuss all the different ways to make money with it.
Investing is one of the businesses that makes money while you sleep. You can have your money work for you! There are many investing apps that do all the hard work for you – they figure out what to buy, how to reinvest dividends and completely manage your portfolio. We have made considerable money investing, so this type of investment app is worth checking out.
Sweatcoin pays you for walking! If you are already trying to exercise by walking, then Sweatcoin will help you to make some extra money. Yup, this is legit and it might even encourage me to start walking more…
Passive Income Ideas For Lazy People
There are so many different passive income ideas for lazy people. Our favorite is investing in stocks and real estate. You can read more about some of the ways that we make money in these areas:
- How We Made $100,000 with Our Rental Property
- How to Make Money with Robinhood Commission Free Trading App
- The Webull Trading App Review
However, there are many other passive income ideas for lazy people that don’t require much money to start. Here are a few of our favorites.
Credit Card Sign Up Bonuses
We have made a few hundred dollars just by signing up for credit cards that offer a sign up bonus. These offers are changing all the time, so unfortunately we don’t have any exact offers to direct you to. A quick Google search will most likely produce some offers – just be sure not to run up a huge debt on the credit card after you receive the sign up bonus!
Pet Sitting is a great way to make some money without working too hard. You can use a cool app called Rover to find people that are looking for dog sitters and walkers. If you love animals then this could be the lazy money making idea for you!
This is one of the ultimate lazy money making ideas! Getting paid to watch over someone’s house while they are away is one of the laziest ways to make money. You can just sit on the couch, watch TV and relax, all while getting paid for it! Here is a site that matches house sitters with potential clients.
Businesses That Make Money While You Sleep
We already mentioned that we have had quite a bit of success by starting businesses that make money while you sleep. We own websites, real estate, stocks and other passive income sources that are a great way for lazy people (like me!) to make money.
One way to make money without doing any work is to rent your stuff out to other people.
How to Rent Out Your Stuff for Money
You might be surprised at what you can rent out to people to make some great passive income. Many people are making $100 – $10,000+ a month with these lazy money making ideas.
Here are a few things that we have rented out that you might want to consider:
1. Rent spare rooms in your house. Airbnb is the best place to rent out spare rooms in your house. We have had a lot of success with using Craigslist as well.
2. Rent your driveway. CurbFlip is a website that lets you rent out your driveway or empty lot as a parking space. This is usually just available in the major cities in the USA, but it can be a very lucrative and easy way to make some passive income.
3. Rent out your vehicles. Cars, boats and bikes can all be rented out (check out the links for websites that you can use). Many people worry about the safety of their vehicles, but most of the websites that offer peer-to-peer lending will have great insurance policies that cover you if the vehicles are damaged or stolen. They also do careful screening of their customers.
4. Rent out your clothes, accessories and shoes. If you are a female and own some fancy clothes, shoes and jewelry, you can rent them out to other women on this website.
5. Rent out ANYTHING that you own. Fat Llama is a website that lets you list anything that you own for people to rent it. Maybe you have a nice camera that you never use – rent it out on Fat Llama and make it earn its keep!
Starting a Blog is a Great Way to Make Money on Autopilot
Starting a website and selling products on it can be a great way to make some extra income. You can earn thousands of dollars a month via display ads – just by having people visit your website. We make money 24/7 this way and you can as well!
All you really need to do is to learn the basics of blogging and affiliate marketing (selling products for a commission). Then you need to figure out what you would like to blog about. This is the fun part!
Here are some of the most common topics that people blog about (and make money by doing it!):
- Healthy lifestyle and food
- Personal finance e.g. budgeting and investing
- Travel tips and advice
- Mommy blogs – all about parenting
- Home decor
- Fashion and beauty
These are just some of the topics that people blog about. If you have a topic that you are passionate about, then you should blog about that. Blogging is a lot of work at the start, but it can be built into a great source of recurring income.
A good place to get started is to take a course about how to make money from a blog. We highly recommend taking the brilliant course called Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing by Michelle Schroeder-Gardner. Michelle has made millions of dollars from her blog and she does a great job teaching you how to duplicate her success in her course.
We bought Michelle’s course and joined an online entrepreneurship community called Wealthy Affiliate. These two resources helped us to grow our online income to 6-figures a year and live the life of our dreams!
Many bloggers and other online entrepreneurs are making great money and traveling the world while they do it!
Hopefully you found something in this article that will help you make some more money, without too much extra effort. Don’t be afraid to put in some effort upfront though and then you can reap the rewards of the passive income for years to come.
Businesses that make money while you sleep are not ‘too good to be true’. They are a reality for many entrepreneurs all over the world. You can start your own ‘money tree’ as well and live the life of your dreams.
Russell and Maleah